In the event that you’re looking to enhance your delivery services, you’ll find a lot of sayings on what you need to modify but it all misses the point of identifying why you need to.
We surveyed a great number of people who receive shipments on a regular basis to find out which areas of the shipping process they consider the most positive. According to our data, customer satisfaction rises in the following order of importance:
- Packages are delivered on schedule.
- Shipments are delivered on time and in good condition to the correct address.
- The delivery service’s communication is clear.
- Delivery drivers are pleasant.
We’ll detail below four approaches to satisfy this list of client expectations, as well as specifics on the tools and capabilities needed to assist you enhance your product delivery.
Approach # 1: Always delivering shipments on schedule.
A consumer who sat there waiting will get annoyed shortly.
Route optimization is the first step in improving the efficiency of your delivery operation and increasing the chance of shipments arriving on time. You may try manually optimizing your routes, but it’s difficult to do it properly. To achieve it correctly, you’ll need:
- A thorough understanding of all of the geographical locations and roadway networks that your deliveries cross.
- To figure out in what sequence your deliveries should be made in order to cover a bigger distance in the least amount of time.
How can you Solve Your Vehicle Routing issues?
This is difficult to manage without a product of some sort or another. But, thanks to what3words that supports in better describing and locating your destination.
what3words is a simple method for recognizing exact areas. Each 3m square has been given a special mix of three words: a what3words address. Presently you can find, share and route to exact areas utilizing three straightforward words.
Approach # 2: Delivering shipments accurately, undamaged.
Simply behind driver delays come issues with packages that never show up, get delivered to some unacceptable location, or are left in an unreliable area.
Mis-deliveries of any sort are a fast method for increasing your delivery costs since they request that you return and deliver the package once more, and maybe even an item that disappears or gets harmed.
To stay away from this, you should have the option to record POD Proof of Delivery. This allows you to leave shipments with neighbors, in the entryway, or elsewhere.
Approach # 3: Improved customer communication.
This is an area of your delivery process that might benefit greatly from automations. Customers are less likely to contact couriers or support centers to inquire about the status of their shipment when they are kept in the loop automatically.
If you rely on a manual approach to notify consumers of delivery ETAs or delays, couriers will waste a lot of time. It’s difficult to respond to phone calls or text messages while driving. Any delays are increased by this.
With the above, clients can be certain that their ETAs are accurate and updated in real time. Customers are notified when their shipment has left the dispatch Center and again when their packages are delivered. These can be delivered through email, SMS, or both. There is no need for them to contact you.
Approach # 4: Ensure that your drivers are social.
At first look, it may appear that as a business owner or a courier, you have little influence over friendliness. You can, though.
Hiring drivers with a positive attitude and a can-do mentality is obviously a necessary step, but there are additional things you can do to improve their employment experience and reduce their stress levels.
Setting up an effective and dependable delivery system, preferably utilizing route management and route optimization software, is a definite method to improve the day-to-day jobs of your drivers. It actually simplifies their journey.
Ways you can minimize your drivers’ pressure in several ways:
- Give them the reliable quickest route to follow.
- Recalculate routes in view of ongoing traffic conditions.
- Send automated customer notifications, so they can focus on driving securely and finishing their journey.
- Provide them with a simple to-follow delivery directions they can follow on their own device, using their favored mapping application.
Sprint Logistics Improves your delivery service by concentrating on the demands of your clients and provides you with all of the resources you need to improve your delivery process and exceed your customers’ expectations.
- Improve delivery times and eliminate delays by optimizing routes for your whole team of operators.
- Proof-of-delivery solutions to guarantee that packages are delivered safely and to the correct place.
- Automated customer alerts to provide precise, real-time ETAs to customers.
- A set of technologies to automate difficult processes, lowering driver stress and boosting customer relations.
This is all well and good if your company or courier service wants to improve its delivery performance, it’s also crucial to examine what consumers want from your delivery service, because customer satisfaction is, after all, the ultimate metric of success.